This weekend, Thatboy made me breakfast. Better than that, he let me sleep in for a little bit and THEN he made me breakfast.
It reminded me I might have been slacking a bit in the breakfast department. You see, I rarely make Thatboy breakfast. During the week, I eat with Thatbaby and Thatboy usually skips breakfast. On the weekends, we all eat together, but Thatboy usually makes himself a bowl of cereal and I go with yogurt.
This is a grown up, manly man kind of breakfast. It's got meat and heat - both from the chorizo. Thatboy finds it incredibly satisfying to pop his yolk and watch it run all over his potatoes. I have to admit in taking the same pleasure. Thatbaby gets his own version of this - scrambled eggs with potatoes and squash. It's not as spicy, but then I deal with less tears.
1 russet potato, peeled and chopped
1 small butternut squash, peeled and chopped
4 oz chorizo
1/2 onion, chopped
4oz canned diced green chiles
- Preheat oven to 425. Toss potato and squash with olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cook chorizo in a skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add onion and continue to cook for another 5 minutes, until onions are soft.
- Add green chiles, potato, and squash. Cook for another 5 minutes and remove from the pan.
- In the same pan, fry the eggs.
- Divide the hash between two plates and top each with a fried egg.