Pages

Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Mother's Little Helper



Last Friday I had off, and decided to keep Thatbaby home with me.  I had some errands to run, and he'd been a little under the weather.  Poor baby, I ended up running the kid ragged.  We were out on the town all day.

First we headed to the library for a little story-time. Well, story time and singing.  Although Thatbaby was more of a dancer than a singer.



After that, it was errand time.  We headed to Michaels to pick up some stuff for my holiday baking/gifts.


Thatbaby has a thing for headpieces.  He loves to try them on and look at himself and laugh.



He has a bag of them at home and he puts them on every morning while I'm getting ready.




He found this ornament and fell in love.  And like I said yesterday, I'm a sucker.  So of course I got it for him.

After Michaels we headed to Bevmo, Party City, Nordstrom's Rack, and Best Buy, with a stop for lunch.  And none of these produced any worthy photo opportunities.

I think we were both exhausted when we got home.  I know Thatbaby was, because he fell asleep in the car and stayed asleep once we were home.  While he slept, I made soup - the perfect end to a cold, wet, exhausting day. 

Corn chowder with frozen corn, since the good stuff is long gone.  With some chicken for protein, and of course, some extra veggies in the form of onion and carrots.  Because I can't leave well enough alone.

 Corn and Chicken Chowder
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped carrots
2 tablespoons flour
3 cups milk
1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1 cup frozen corn
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
salt and pepper
1/4 tsp dried dill
1 can creamed corn
  1. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and carrot; cook for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. 
  2. Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. 
  3. Stir in milk and remaining ingredients. Bring to a low boil; cook until thick.

4 comments:

  1. So funny, Ellie has a drawer full of hats and is obsessed with trying them all on!
    That's a LOT of errands! I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thatbaby was the best little helper. He kept a smile on your face as you faced errands:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed he was able to be good for that long! I think even I would have lost focus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love corn chowders! Thatbaby is such a cutie, and he looks pretty happy for being exhausted!

    ReplyDelete