Pages

Monday, October 06, 2008

Ya Ya


If you've seen Anchorman you know a little bit about San Diego news. Even though the movie is fiction, it's depiction of the fluff pieces that make up the news is dead accurate. For instance, this morning the news spent 15 minutes filming one of the reporters attempting to touch a rooster in a cage. I can't begin to tell you the anxiety and high tension that arose as he continued to reach and flinch...reach and flinch.

Don't believe me? Check out this 5 minute video:
Reporter and Rooster


It's been a while since I had a fluff piece on my blog, so today seems like as good a day as any. I thought I would share some of my cheater cheater breakfast tips with you. These are quick breakfasts that can fool even the pickiest eater.

Almost 2 minute eggs - How GORGEOUS are these? I for one, have to admit that I am NOT a fan of microwave cooking. I am especially not a fan of microwave eggs. For some reason they taste funny to me and they never fully cook right. Except these. These worked out perfectly. And the shape is just great for homemade mcmuffins, benedicts, or on their own.


Crack and egg into a glass cup (I use a measuring cup).
Beat well with a fork.
Cover the cup with plastic wrap tightly.
Microwave at 70% for 1 minute.



Cheater Quiche - I think we all know how much I love quiches, and most of you are familiar with my recent quiche crust disaster. So the solution? A quiche with the crust cooked into it. This is a great way to use up bisquick that your husband makes you keep in the pantry. Oh, your husband doesn't make you keep bisquick in the pantry? I bet he doesn't make you keep Nestle Quik in your pantry either.


  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup bisquick
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 3/4 cup cheddar, shredded
  • 1/2 cup frozen broccoli, thawed
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Combine milk, bisquick, eggs, butter, and cheddar in a blender for 1 minute.
  2. Butter pie pan and place broccoli in pie plate.
  3. Pour egg mixture over broccoli. Bake 40 minutes.

14 comments:

  1. I'm impressed by the microwaved egg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never think to use the micowave anymore these days. I do remember fluffy eggs:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of a couple reasons I'm sad we don't have a microwave :( I love microwaved eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quiche recipe sounds really good, not to mention super easy. I think I might have to try that one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that egg is pretty! And that easy quiche sounds really tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry, the microwave can only be used for re-heating food. you can't cook with it!

    -- the girl who doesn't have a microwave at home

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you posted that quiche! Is it eggy or bready? I bet my DH would love that too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot stand Ruben! That guy is an idiot. I have a story about him I'll have to tell you sometime (it fuels my hatred!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hubbs used to microwave his eggs before we got together. I could never get on board.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to microwave eggs in college (for lack of cooking tools) and I swear to this day, they are perfect for homemade mcmuffins.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband microwaves eggs all the time. I don't care for them but they do work well for a breakfast sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  12. um, i keep bisquick and nestle quik in my pantry on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great quiche recipe!

    I use eggbeaters and heat them up in the microwave. Never looks as pretty as your egg!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i do that microwave egg thing all the time for sausage english muffins. so yummy!

    ReplyDelete