Hah! I bet you thought you were going to get a baking recipe! It would make sense given the title, right? However the "icing" on this cake is terriyaki sauce. It's a great easy marinade because even though it's loaded with sugar, you don't need a lot of it to create something especially flavorful. And when you want a super easy salad, terriyaki is perfect to make a killer dressing. Like icing on a cake - get it?
Terriyaki Chicken Salad
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Terriyaki sauce
- mixed salad greens
- 1/8 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- Whisk together 1/8 cup Terriyaki sauce, canola oil, and honey to make dressing.
- Put remaining Terriyaki sauce in plastic bag with chicken breast and marinate 30 minutes in fridge. Preheat broiler.
- Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Place salad greens on plates and top with chicken. Sprinkle almonds over salad and drizzle with dressing.