Pages

Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Dressed Up Simple: Chicken and Goat Cheese in Phyllo

We spent this weekend doing a lot of things we'd been putting off.  Things like unpacking, and cleaning, and getting new phones.

Yay for new phones!  I've been trying to get a new one for 2 months now.  Mine has been doing all sorts of fun things like turning off in the middle of conversations. Or telling me that my SIM card was blank or missing.  Good times. 

The only problem with getting a new phone?  I'm totally tech-illiterate.  I'm not good with change.  I'm still working out all the new features on the new phone.  And I still need to transfer information from my old phone.  Change is hard.

Which is why sometimes I stick with what I'm familiar with.  Like a simple chicken dish, dressed up to look fancy.  No really, this chicken is dressed up.  Don't you think of phyllo like a dress?  One with layers of soft tulle, dancing in the wind.  Add a little creamy goat cheese and this chicken goes from ordinary to something special.  And yet, it has all the elements that you're already familiar with.  Because sometimes, you don't want to deal with something new and different.


 Chicken and Goat Cheese in Phyllo
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 sheets phyllo dough
2 chicken breasts
4 oz swiss cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated 
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Brush phyllo sheets with butter.
  2. Place a chicken breast in the corner of each phyllo sheet.
  3. Divide goat cheese in half and place each half atop the chicken breast.
  4. Roll the phyllo to cover the chicken and place on baking sheet.
  5. Brush with melted butter.
  6. Sprinkle with parmesean cheese and bake for 30 minutes, or until phyllo is golden and chicken is cooked through.

1 comment:

  1. What kind of phone did you get?? And isn't it crazy how phyllo makes a meal feel more fancy?!

    ReplyDelete