Pages

Monday, June 27, 2016

Mommy Mondays: Life at 1 with 2

 I don't know, I think there is something so much fun about reading how everyone's days go.   I love seeing how people spend their time, and how they're able to fit in the things I wish I could do!

I've found that having 2 kids has exponentially decreased my free time, and I'm not entirely sure why.  I'm hoping with Thatbaby gets a little older we'll go back to the status quo.  Until then, this is a basic workday for Thatfamily.

2:01am:  Thatbaby wakes up and I head in to feed him.  This has been an ordeal lately.  There is so much screaming and thrashing.  It's as though he does not want to sleep and fights it as much as he can. 

3:01am: I finally get back to bed.

4:57am:  Thatbaby is up again.  I feed him, and this time  I throw him in bed with Thatboy so I can get ready.


 5:40am: shower
5:57am: Put up breakfast.  This morning it's cream of wheat.


6:04: I do my hair and makeup.


 6:30: I wake up the boys.


6:37:  I get dressed.
6:40: we all eat breakfast.  Thatkid doesn't want cream of wheat.  He wants "drinking yogurt."


 Thatbaby is thrilled to have cream of wheat with me.


 6:52:  Thatbaby is all done.  I wipe him down and get him dressed while Thatkid washes his face and brushes his teeth and hair.

7:02: I clean up the kitchen and pack up our stuff.

7:11: We are out the door.

7:28: Arrive at Thatbaby's daycare.


7:34: Arrive at Thatkid's preschool.



 7:44: Leave Thatkid's preschool and hook myself up to the pump so I can pump on my way to work.  I'm currently weaning from the pump, so at this point I had gone down from 4 pump sessions a day to three.  I'm currently at 1 pump session a day, and by the end of the week I'll be done!


 8:30: Arrive at work!  Today is going through a bunch of documents in preparation for an upcoming deposition.

12:07: I take my first pump break.  Where I also eat lunch.  Today is a goat cheese and zucchini tart.


12:37: back to work and document prep.  I made some roasted chickpeas to snack on during the afternoon.

 3:30:  Second pump break!
4:00 - back to work.
4:30 - I pack up and head out.
5:18 - Arrive at Thatbaby's daycare.


5:23:  Head to Thatkid's preschool

5:29: Arrive at Thatkid's preschool.


5:36: head home

5:47: Home!  The boys play outside while I unpack the car and throw dinner in the oven to warm up.


6:13:  Thatboy arrives home.


Dinner isn't quite ready, so Thatboy entertains the boys outside.



Meanwhile I get dinner for tomorrow night ready - roast chicken to serve with salad.


And I make some mango lemonade popsicles.


6:40pm:  Dinner is ready!  We all sit down to eat chicken pot pie.




7:09pm:  Thatboy takes Thatbaby in for a bath while Thatkid finishes up dinner.  Then Thatboy gets Thatbaby in pajamas and reads him a story.


7:30pm: I nurse Thatbaby and put him to bed while Thatboy gives Thatkid a bath and puts him to sleep. 



8:40: I've finally got Thatbaby to sleep.  I go kiss Thatkid goodnight, and put up a load of laundry.  Thatboy does dishes.


9:00:  Thatboy and I retire to the couch and try and catch up on our ridiculous DVR list.

9:56pm:  Wash up and go to bed!

7 comments:

  1. OMG - the night wake ups are the WORST. I'm pretty impressed at your goat cheese zucchini tart and roasted chick peas though. They look amazing.

    I also wish I could let my boys outside to play when I get in from work! It's so darn hot here, I can't. Poor kids (and poor me trying to cook dinner with the two of them at my ankles!!)

    I love the play by play! I think mine would be a snorefest (unlike yours), or I'd do one too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt your day would be a snorefest. Impossible with 2 kids. Unless you're telling me you spend your days sleeping. In which case....I hate you.

      Delete
  2. I am so impressed with the prepping of the next night's dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a necessity. Since we get home so late, if I had to make dinner when we got home we'd be eating cereal every night or the boys wouldn't be eating until after bedtime!

      Delete
  3. How are the roasted chickpeas?!?! I keep wanting to try that since I love chips, but haven't yet. How did you season them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them. They make me feel less guilty about snacking. I just season with salt, pepper, and cayenne.

      Delete