Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sunday Runday: Skirtin' Free


A couple of weeks ago, my friend SD Mom hosted a running event in conjunction with Running Skirts.  It was a running and shopping event.  Seeing as how I'm a fan of both of those things, it was a no-brainer that I would attend.


When I arrived SD Mom had a whole little goody table set up, with MamaChia squeezes, Nutzo, bagels, bananas and more.  She takes such good care of us.  Once everyone got there, we headed out for a run.

We did a short little coastal run, stopping on the way back for a little selfie action.  We went out in different groups.  I picked the latest (sleep-in-est) group.  We all got back to the store at the same time though.


After we rehydrated and refueled, we were turned loose in the store.


I'm already well acquainted with Running Skirts.  Thatboy introduced me years ago when he stumbled in one day while waiting for an oil change.  He came home with a pretty pink bag, filled with a pretty pink skirt.  And he loves spoiling me there around the holidays.  It's his one stop, stocking filling shop.

In general, I'm not a big skirt/short runner.  On long runs, where I turn into a sweaty mess, I do my best to avoid chafing.  But the thing that I like about Running skirts is that they have built in compression-like shorts.  That are fairly long.  Long enough that my thighs don't rub together.  And what's more important is that they don't ride up.  And they're super cute.  (See how good I am?  I put function over fashion!)  And they have a little pocket for keeping little things. 

One of the reasons I attended this shindig was because I wanted to pick up a new skirt for the race I'm running next weekend at Disneyland.  2 guesses as to what my running costume is going to be.






Special thank you to SD Mom for putting this event together.  Isn't she the cutest/best?


2 comments:

  1. Running skirts!??! How have I never heard of these before? I want one now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I need to invest in some of these skirts! Or start hinting to the.boy that I REALLY want one.

    ReplyDelete