Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

Babies Babies Everywhere

On Sunday Thatbaby and I had a special mommy-son day.  And we took a road trip.  A very long roadtrip.  You see, I was heading up to LA to see some new arrivals - babies!  It's normally something I do by myself, but Thatbaby really wanted to come.  And so with the permission of the new moms, I found myself with a new little roadtrip buddy.

Our first stop was the visit NotMya's new little guy.  Thatbaby is really looking forward to him growing up a little more so they can play together.





We didn't come empty handed, Thatbaby brought a toy for the new little guy.  I brought lots of food.  Including some enchiladas




Chicken Gyros




and a Greek Salad



After we visited for a bit, we went to see JackieO's little bit.  Dixie, or Baby Dix as Thatbaby calls her, is a little older, and a lot more fun.  Thatbaby was smitten.  He wanted to hold her hands, her little feet, give her toys, and be her best friend.
I am always worried about bringing Thatbaby with me to see new babies, but he did remarkably well.  He was quiet, well behaved, and fascinated by the little ones.  And the car ride was far from the disaster I predicted!  Sure I had to listen to "baby bumble bee" for 15 straight minutes, but there was no crying or whining the entire 5 hours we were in the car.  It was a great day for both of us.

2 comments:

  1. You are the best kind of new-baby visitor. This food looks so delicious. Lucky lucky mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww yay! You are definitely invited over when I have my first baby. And ThatBaby can come too!

    ReplyDelete