Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Mommy Mondays: A Crazy Toddler Day

This is my "day in the life with a 20 month old" but it's not really a typical day.  TFIL is not doing well.  He's currently been discharged from the hospital for home hospice care.  Thatboy left on Wednesday to be up there for his father's last days.  Because of that, our schedule was a little off from normal.

3:36 am -Thatbaby wakes up.  Because he's been sick with whatever took him to Urgent Care I take the opportunity to nurse him.  And we end up on the couch together.

7:05am - Thatbaby wakes up for the day and demands I help him take off his pajamas.



7:10am - Thatbaby demands a "moy" (smoothie).  Again because of the illness, and teething, he's on a food strike - with the exception of "moy."  I make him one filled with mango, yogurt, and spinach.



7:12am - Thatbaby satisfied, naked, and "fed" I jump in the shower, get dressed, do my hair and makeup.  While I do this, Thatboy tries to get things ready for his flight the next day.  Then we trade off and he jumps in the shower and gets ready.

7:28am - While I'm getting ready, Thatbaby asks to brush his teeth.



7:56am - I throw in a load of laundry.

7:59am - I get Thatbaby dressed for school.



8:02am - I clean up the kitchen from this morning's "moy" making and put our lunches in our bags.  Now that Thatbaby is in the toddler room, they don't heat up his food, so I heat it in the morning and put it in a thermos so it's still warm at lunchtime.


While I'm doing this, I hear an "uh oh" from my bedroom.  Then Thatbaby started screaming for me "MOM MAMA MAMA" and I found this.  This my friends, is why I can never get anywhere on time.

8:30am - We leave for daycare.




Thatbaby has a rough time and doesn't want me to leave, but eventually he finds some ants and convinces his classmates to come join him for some bug-time.


8:56am - I stop off at the bank to deposit a check.

9:12am - arrive at work, have breakfast.



12:00pm - lunch time!  I was starving so I completely forgot to take a picture of my sandwich, but there was a sandwich with hummus, spinach, salsa, and avocado along with my rice, apple slices with peanut butter, banana, raisins, and some squares of dark chocolate.



5:07pm - leave work.  Thatboy left work early, so he picked up Thatboy from daycare.

5:22pm - I get home and walk Thatdog.  I get dinner ready and clean up the kitchen while I wait for the boys to get home.



Sausage Soup with Sauerkraut
1 lb ground chicken sausage
1 onion, chopped 
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 lb sauerkraut 
1/2 cup white wine
6 cups chicken broth

1. Brown sausage in a pot. 
2. Add onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.  Remove sausage, onions, and garlic from pot.
3. Add apples and cook 15-20 minutes until tender.
4. Add the sauerkraut and cook an additional 10 minutes.
5. Add wine, scraping browned bits off bottom of the pot.
6. Add the chicken broth and sausage.  Bring to a boil.  Lower the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook 20 minutes.

6:21pm - dinner!
6:41pm - I head out for a run.  This night I do one of my Zombies Run mission.  I usually don't do these during the week because my running partner (Thatdog) spends so long sniffing and dilly dallying that we get caught by the zombies.  But my running schedule has been really off lately with Thatboy out of town and me out of town, so I jumped on this chance to get a run in, and do a mission, even if I had to do it with Thatdog.



7:15pm - Home from my run, the boys are already doing bath time.  I give Thatbrother a call to update him on TFIL's condition.


7:45pm - Bedtime for babies!  I give Thatbaby his last nursing of the day and put him to bed.


8:30pm - Usually I make lunches and dinners at this time, but with Thatboy leaving instead I just spend some time with him.
9:30pm - We head to bed.

5 comments:

  1. A crazy hectic day!
    Thoughts are with your family.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. what a day!!! That baby looks so cute with his smoothie.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about TFIL. It's really challenging when family isn't well and in another city.

    I was single parenting for 4 days last week. I don't know how people do it on a permanent basis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least I know i am not the only one in this world who runs like crazy from daybreak till dawn without absolutely any time for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about TFIL...give ThatBoy a hug for me! (And yourself a hug!) Thinking about you guys.

    ReplyDelete