Thatboy: What are we having for dinner tonight?
Me: Pork chops.
Thatboy: But we had pork chops for dinner last night, and the night before that!
Me: Well then it sounds like you would be a very lucky boy if you liked pork chops.
Luckily he does like pork chops, and luckily I've been making them in varied ways: burnt, roasted, and tonight covered in sauce. I'm nothing if not inventive and creative. But I hate having cream in the fridge just sitting there and going bad so I thought a cream sauce would be a good way to use it up. And I might have gone a little over board making these "Sauce with porkchops" instead of "Porkchops with sauce." At least the sauce was good! And a warm crusty piece of bread always comes in handy with something this saucy!
Sauce with Pork chops
- 4-6 thin sliced pork chops
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 squirt ketchup
- 1 squirt Worcestershire sauce
- splash of wine
- In a skillet over medium high heat, cook pork chops in butter, 3 minutes per side.
- Place onions on top of pork chops.
- Combine cream, milk, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, and wine in small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture over porkchops. Cover, lower heat, and cook for 30 minutes.