time for another meme. I've been tagged by Kylee, and this meme's a short one - only 5 things about me. Now I can go on about me for days, so 5 things is pretty easy.
Before we begin, let's go over the rules, shall we?
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
My 5 things:
1) I have had 6 sprained ankles in my life. 2 times I have had 2 sprained ankles at the same time. According to my friend Des, it's because I walk on the outsides of my feet and on the sides of curbs. The combination of these two is apparently hazardous to my health.
2) Because I grew up all over the country, I have a very strange accent. Because I lived in New York and Massachusetts I didn't pronounce my "r's" until 2nd grade when I was put in speech classes because they felt my accent was a speech impediment. I don't have an accent any more because of this...untill I get really tred. Then you may hear me ask you to pass me a "bax of crayons." The southern accent was harder to break and still invades my long vowels. And I still say y'all, because really? There's no other word that serves the same purpose.
3) My parents believed in treating my brother and I equally. They took this to ridiculous extremes. When I got chicken pox from preschool, they made my brother drink from the same glasses as I did and finish my leftover food so he'd get them at the same time. When I had to get my tonsils out at age 7, they sent my brother in to get his out too. I'm not sure if they were getting some kind of "buy one get one half off" deal, or if they just didn't want him to feel left out.
4) I was a theater major in college, and the crazy strict theater school wouldn't let you take a minor, so I took every class that would have given me a minor in South East Asian studies were I not a theater major. I know more about the history and development of the Phillipines than half of my Filipino friends.5) My first pet was a golden retriever. I got to name him. I named him Sam Oscar Junior. Sam Jr. because my dad had a dog named Sam when he married my mother. The dog hated my mother. He hated me once I was born. I thought we were best friends. Oscar was from Oscar the Grouch. Don't ask me why I named our dog after Oscar the Grouch. I don't know. Sam Oscar was the family dog. I considered him my dog. He considered himself my brother's dog. He adored my brother. Used to let him ride on his back, pull his hair...the two would conspire to eat my she-ra dolls.
Those are my five things! Now I'm tagging
Sugar and Rice
Go forth and multiply.