Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It's been a long, long, long, long

I haven't posted in a while. Not because I haven't had exciting things happen, or because I've been sitting around, but because I really haven't had the time at all. See, last week I started a new schedule. Traffic is getting worse and worse and worse so I am now getting up at 5 AM so I can leave the house by 5:30. This gets me to work at 6:30. What do I do for the next 2 hours? I go to the gym. It's really a great plan because
1) I don't hit any traffic so I'm in a better mood all day
2) I get a longer workout in before work so I'm in a better mood all day
3) My hair and makeup actually looks good because its fresh and hasn't been in a car for 2 hours.

The only downside is I have a 9PM bedtime. Considering I get home around 7pm, that doesn't leave a lot of time for blogging. Especially if I want to eat dinner. And look for work.

It also means we're eating a lot of leftovers - I'm trying to make meals that will last a couple days to cut back on the amount of time I'm in the kitchen on weeknights. A whole chicken is perfect for that! Especially one with apple walnut stuffing. Especially when the fall weather is definitely confusing itself with winter. Come back fall! It's too soon for you to leave us!

Roast chicken with apple walnut stuffing
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup apple juice
1 pkg stuffing mix
1 chopped, peeled apple
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 whole chicken

1) In a large skillet over medium heat, cook celery and onions in butter about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth and heat for 2 minutes.
2) In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients (except chicken). Add celery and mix well.
3) Loosely stuff chicken and roast chicken at 350. Place remaining stuffing in greased baking dish and place in oven with chicken last 30 minutes of cooking.

2 comments:

  1. 9 p.m. bedtime and 5 a.m. wake time? Man, I could not do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm up around 5:20 or so and then try to be in bed no later than 10. it's a rough schedule and yours sounds worse. hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete