Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Baaaa Baaaa Black Sheep

Jon loves lamb. It's one of his all time favorite meals. Part of the reason is because his dad made lamb all the time when he was growing up and Jon has very fond memories of his dad's lamb. Too fond if you ask me. As you may remember from the great pancake debacle, when Jon's dad makes something, no one else can even attempt it. For that reason we do not eat lamb very often because I know I can't live up to the memories.

However, when I do make it, I make lamb very simply. A little bit of seasoning, and served with some mint jelly with fresh mint.


Simple Lamb
1/2 cup dijon mustard
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 rack of lamb, frenched
salt and pepper

1) Heat oven to 425. In small bowl combine mustard, parsley, olive oil and garlic. Season lamb with salt and pepper. Brush mustard mixture over lamb.
2) Place in roasting pan and roast about 25 minutes.
3) Serve with mint jelly.

2 comments:

  1. I love good lamb, although I will pass on the mint jelly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had lamb or mint jelly. No memories to live up to here. ;)

    ReplyDelete