Get your mind out of the gutter! I'm talking about dinner. I love when dinner is easy and takes no time to prepare. And really? It doesn't get any easier than quesadillas. I think this is one of the first things I ever learned to make. You see, where I grew up in backwoods Pennsylvania, Home Ec was a required class. And 1/3 of Home Ec was cooking. And the first thing we made? Quesadillas. Seriously, in PA this is about as ethnic as it gets.
I was inspired by Joelen's recent post where she made eggplant quesadillas. Except, as we all know, I can't eat eggplant without getting very very sick. But Joelen also had a recipe for spicy roasted chicken which looked a whole heck of a lot like the SP sticky chicken which I make a lot. It gave me the idea to use the sticky chicken in a quesadilla. Nice and spicy with a little bit of Spanish swiss cheese to contrast.
Spicy Chicken Quesadillas2 breasts chicken
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
4 flour tortillas
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine all seasonings in a small bowl and mix.
3) Season chicken pieces with seasoning mix liberally.
4) Place seasoned chicken in pyrex baking dish
5) Pour olive oil over chicken.
6) Bake in preheated oven uncovered for 30 min, or until done.
7) Allow chicken to cool, coarsely chop
8) Place 1 tortilla in hot pan over medium-high heat.
9) Add chicken and cheese, fold over and cook until cheese is melted.
10) Flip and cook other side for 30 sec.
11) Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese, and chicken.