Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Beauty is only skin deep

Jon is always telling me I need to work on my presentation. In truth, I have been working on it, but its not always easy. Sometimes, no matter what you do, a dish just looks, well, unattractive. I'm lucky to be married to a man who will eat my creations no matter how grey and slimy they look. Mushroom chicken is a delicious chicken dish - rich and creamy and flavorful, but it is not the most appetizing to the eye. It came about in one of my "hmmm what do I do with all these mushrooms" spurts of creativity. Luckily it tastes a lot better than it looks!

Mushroom Chicken
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup flour
salt and pepper to taste
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 oz sliced white mushrooms

1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) Combine cream, flour, salt, and pepper in blender until "sauce" forms.
3) Place chicken in greased baking dish and pour cream over chicken.
4) Top with mushrooms.
5) Bake 40 minutes or until cooked through.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, fck presentation! If it tastes good, it's good!

    For the record, though, the Monkey household is mushroom-free. There is no fungus among us. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH Weezer took my comment!

    I'll say it any way F Presentation!!!

    And unlike weezermonkey I puffy <3 Fungus.

    I want to move in with you and Jon and eat your food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could get my picky ass kid to eat something yummy that doesn't looks so great. I birthed a freakin' diva. *sigh*

    BTW, I tagged you for a meme. Check out my blog for details. (It's easy, I swear).

    ReplyDelete