Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Why hello there pointy pencil!

Barbri has taken a turn for the worse. A gouge-your-eye-out turn for the worse. Torts wasn't so bad, in fact, it was almost enjoyable. Okay - so I'm beginning to find out that its not the subject, its the lecturer. Torts was bad, but the Torts lecturer? Hysterical. Laugh your butt off funny. Told us not to quit using drugs while we were studying for the bar. But Con Law? I think they dug up a dead guy to do the lecture. The man is Ichabod-Crane stiff, with a sense of humor of a corpse. But what's worse? He thinks he's a stand up comic. So we were subject to these zingers all day long. "The state increased the taxes on dairy farms - seems like they were trying to milk some extra money from them." Yeah....a bunch of people left after the first break. They'd rather fail the bar than be subject to this guy. And we have another day of him. Oh joy.

The good news? I rock at Con Law. No really, I'm expecting a letter from Sacramento in November telling me they have never had someone score so exceptionally on the test before.

The other good news? I ran outside again today - and no sprained ankles! I've really been freaking out about running outside since I seem to attract sprains like magnets. But I did it! And it is soooo much better than the gym. I've really missed that.

Its definitely spring. Looking over my past posts there's a lot of "green" going on. Between the fresh basil pizza, mint and zucchini soup, and sage margarita I'm beginning to feel a bit like Kermit! There's nothing like fresh herbs to make you feel like spring. And everyone's heard of May flowers right? So Jon and I went to look at them. I spent half the day yesterday studying, and then Jon and I went to Sherman Gardens. Its so beautiful - they have a great rose garden, cactus garden, orchid garden, and a special section of smell good plants (I'm sure that's the technical term). They even had a koi pond with 3 foot koi!!!!

Seriously, tell me this thing isn't beautiful (whatever it is). And for those of you who are cheap like me, Mondays there are free.

Tonight for dinner I adapted an appetizer recipe and turned it into a great dinner. Jon looooooved it. Well, he would have liked it better if I hadn't served it with tomatoes (Jon hates tomatoes) but you know what? The plate needed some red, so sucks to be him. The original recipe is for chunks of chicken topped with goat cheese and wrapped in prosciutto, served on skewers. We eat a lot of chicken, and I'm always looking for new recipes so I thought this might work well with chicken breasts. I baked the chicken breasts, and then topped with the goat cheese and spinach leaves before wrapping it in prosciutto. I served it with fresh sliced tomatoes topped with an easy cream sauce and some hunks of bread.

Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with Goat Cheese
Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
salt
pepper
4 slices prosciutto
2 oz. goat cheese, at room temperature
6 spinach leaves, cleaned

Directions:
1) Heat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with foil. Lightly spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2) Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken on baking sheet. Bake chicken 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
3) Spread 1 oz goat cheese over each piece of chicken. Place 3 spinach leaves over cheese, then wrap in prosciutto.

2 comments:

  1. Who do you have for Con Law? We had Erwin Chemerinski. Freakish but good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...that looks so good! I want to come to dinner at your house! :-)

    ReplyDelete