Pages

Monday, May 21, 2007

Turning Over a New Leaf

I know I know I know. I suck. I don't write, I don't call, you and mom are always worried about me. Well folks, its about to get worse. I am about to descend into Dante's Seventh Level of Hell, otherwise known as studying for the bar. For most of you this means I will become that fleeting memory of "that girl you used to know." (For some of you I'm already there). BUT you are in luck, because in order to retain my sanity, Jon has magnanimously agreed to let me keep cooking this summer. (Perhaps not so magnanimously though because he definitely benefits from the end result......)

And well, Desiree has done me a complete disservice by recommending I read Julie and Julia, which if you haven't read is stupendous. I felt an immediate connection to the main character:
1) She loves Buffy (I KNOW right?)
2) She wanted to be an actress, but that didn't pan out exactly for her
3) She cooks
4) She has the world's sweetest husband.
I mean we're practically the same person right?? Well between that and my "What's Cooking" Nest board obsession (and if you don't know about this, you're probably better off, because you probably already think I'm crazy and don't need any more evidence) I decided I really want to do a food blog. (Oh no, here comes a list again)
1) I'm going to be cooking anyway
2) Pretty much its the only contact I'll be having with the outside world so you can keep track of me and make sure I haven't gouged my eyes out with my shiny #2 pencils (which by the way I must pick up)
3) It'll be an amazing stress release for me to vent on how things are going with the bar, but also to share some of my hard work with someone other than Jon....

So stay tuned. Tomorrow I'll fill you in on all the cooking I did for the inlaws this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment