I don't get overly excited about Christmas, although I do love the activities surrounding the winter holidays, and I love the family time and the music.
But you guys, the calendar switched from Summer to Fall last week, and I feel like I've been floating on a cloud. Just the notions of fall is enough to lighten my mood. The weather this past week has gone right along with it, shuffling off the oppressive heat that marked the end of the summer hear. And while word on the street is that oppressive heat is returning this week, I can still look at my calendar and remind myself of what this season really is.
I've already brought out some decorations for the tables, and am plotting turning my window box into some form of graveyard (fake - I'm not going to bury anything living above my sink). And every time I walk past, I smile.
We went for a walk as a family last weekend and started brainstorming our Fall Bucket List. And we've already started knocking things off! My biggest problem is that there is always too much to do, and our weekends are packed. And some of these events overlap with each other, which means we're going to have to do things like choose between going to see Nightmare Before Christmas and the Spooky Aquarium.
* Drink lot of apple cider
*Visit a Pumpkin Patch
* Go on a Hay ride
* Cook with pumpkin (pumpkin bread and pumpkin pretzels are first on our list!)
* Halloween Events (Legoland's Brick or Treat, Haunted Aquarium)
* Decorate the House for Halloween
* Watch Halloween movies (at home and at events)
* Carve Pumpkins (at home and at our fave pumpkin carving event)
* Attend one of the many Oktoberfests in the area
* Explore Old Town San Diego's Dia de los Muertos
* Take family photos
* Attend a football game
* Attend a Fall Festival
What am I missing? What's on your list?