Pages

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Sunday Runday: Take A Hike






Thursday afternoon SD Mom texted me to see if I wanted to go for a "hike" on Saturday morning.  Knowing that "hike" was code for "run" I told her I was in, as long as we could guarantee being done by 8am, so I could get home in time for Thatkid's baseball game.

SD Mom made no promises, but I did some math and figured we'd be starting early enough.  So we met in the dark and started up the trail.     The first part is fairly flat, so we ran.  And pretty much we ran until it got light, at which point we started on the rocky, uphill part of the trail.

Walking this portion of the trail was nice because it really gave us a chance to take in our surroundings.   With all the rain, the whole area was greener than it has ever been.


After a very long and strenuous climb, we made it to the summit.  Where there was a lot more green to be seen in the surrounding basin.



Our way back down was a little treacherous.  The loose rocks and steep incline meant I was not the only one who ended up on my bottom.


We crossed rivers that never existed, some by bridge, and some by rock.
 
And in the end, covered about 6 miles in 2 1/2 hours.  So it was a good thing we started early!

No comments:

Post a Comment