Weight: 20lbs 10 oz (+12bs 6oz) - left over from 9 months
Height: 30.5 inches (+9.25 inches) - left over from 9 months
Head: 18.1 inches - left over from 9 months
Sleep: Better than last month, but we're still dealing with teething, so there are still multiple wakeups at night. Usually 2. Thatboy takes one and I take one. Because we're a team. Team No Sleep.
Eating: We had our first real illness, complete with antibiotics. He had both pink eye and an ear infection. And as can be expected, his solid intake went down during that time period. But he bounced back. Luckily it didn't seem to affect his ability to nurse/take a bottle. He's still drinking 16oz while at daycare. I'm really looking forward to switching him to milk at 12 months!
Best Moment: He was such a delight during the camping trip. I loved watching how independent he was, entertaining himself at the camp site. And I also love all his impromptu snuggles.
Monthly Wisdom: This month I'm going with "trust your mom instinct." Everyone kept telling me Thatbaby was sick and/or had an ear infection. Neither Thatboy nor I thought he was sick, in fact he was sleeping better than he had in weeks. But we brought him in to Urgent Care....aaannndd he got a clean bill of health. This works the other way too - if you feel like your kid is sick, bring them to the doctor, even if everyone tells you you're crazy. No one knows your child like you do.
Goals for the Upcoming Month:
- Birthday party planning
- More sleep
Things Thatbaby is doing:
- signing "milk" and "all done"
- saying "uh oh" and "gah" (we're not sure what "gah" is, but it has to do with identifying objects since he points at everything and says "gah."
- climbing up (and down) stairs - feet first!
- growing teeth - current tally is 4
- only using 1 hand for support when standing
- crying unless mommy or daddy are holding him
- drinking from a cup (sippy/straw/360)
- using a spoon (not proficiently)