Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

Mommy Mondays: 30 Weeks


It's beginning to get real people. Only 10 weeks to go!  Thatboy and I realized this weekend that we should probably get moving with the things we want to get done on the nursery, since right now it's a mostly a storage area for "stuff."  I'm hitting the "huge" stage of pregnancy.  Huge in that I can no longer paint my own toenails.  Huge in that I can't reach into the cabinets to get or put dishes away.  Huge in that when I drop things on the floor, I have to really think about whether it's worth it to pick it up.

I'm realistic about this whole adventure.  I know I'm only going to get bigger and more awkward. And I also know that it's not going to last too much longer.  Which is both comforting and terrifying.  I feel like there's so much to do in the next 10 weeks, and of course, I'm too ridiculously busy to do it.  I've been starting to delegate things to Thatboy, who has magnanimously stepped up to fill whatever duties we I'm failing at.


Total weight gain/loss: +18

Next Appointment: April 10
Maternity clothes? Depended on what I was doing.  For court, I put on my maternity finest.  Days in the office were non-maternity - either skirts with elastic waistbands that sit below my bump, or pants with a bella band.
Stretch marks: nada.
Sleep: In addition to the regular poor sleep, this week I'm especially lacking in sleep due to staying up late and waking early for work.
Best moment this week: This week has been a rough one.  I don't know that I have a best moment.  It's all just one crazy blur.
Movement: Yup.  I feel bad saying this, but I'm starting to get annoyed.  I wish this kid were a little bit quieter.  Not substantially, but it just seems like I don't have a moment with crazy nonstop movement or hiccups.
Food cravings: Nothing
Food aversions: Nothing
Gender: Not finding out
Belly Button in or out: In.  But it never popped last time, so I'm not expecting it to this time.
What I miss: I would kill for a nice glass of red wine or something along those lines.
What I am looking forward to:  Next weekend.
Contractions: None this week
 Milestones: 
- Baby has clear rhythm of sleeping and waking.
- Baby's red blood cell production switches from the liver to the to the bone marrow.

3 comments:

  1. Hang on! You are getting there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very close! Have someone else pick the things from the floor! You have two men around!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so cloooosssee!! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete