Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sunday Runday: The Secret Conversations of Runners


I'm about to break the whole thing wide open - spill the deepest, innermost thoughts of all your running companions.

Or not.

One of the fantastic aspects of my running group is that it's more than just support, and people to run with, but we also get together socially too.  These little get togethers are always a little nerve racking for me, because usually the people I've never met outnumber the people I know.  I go through that whole anxiety thought process of - what if they don't like me?  What if it's awkward?

But the great thing about hanging out with other runners is that there is always an instant connection.  Always something to talk about.

So what do runners talk about?
- past races
- future races
- post pregnancy race plans
- their kids
- food
- strollers
- running get togethers

1 comment:

  1. Also, GI issues. Somehow that always comes up once you've done a few long runs together! :P

    ReplyDelete