Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

Mommy Mondays: 21 Weeks

One of the hallmarks of pregnancy is crazy dreams. With Thatkid I had vivid dreams of the birth, that he was she (which according to my PA is right, because we dream of the opposite sex...), and amazing dreams involving sex and the men in the television shows I watched.  Since this is Oppo-baby, it should come as no surprise that I am having absolutely no crazy dreams.  No dreams involving a baby at all, or being pregnant, or being a family of four, and no sex dreams. 

I'm having the weird dreams, but not any different than my typical weird dreams.  I've dreamt about taking Thatkid to Sea World, or airplane trips, or him throwing gigantic tantrums in the supermarket.  I dream about work issues, and all the things I dreamed about 5 months ago.

I had a really rough first trimester, and now that I'm in the "boring" second trimester I'm thankful for the movement I feel all the time, because otherwise it would be easy to forget I'm actually pregnant. 

Total weight gain/loss: +10
Next Appointment: February 2
Maternity clothes? Still top only - I tried to wear my black maternity pants this week and they're too big.  Sigh.  I was really hoping to save money on maternity clothes this time around by not having to buy new.
Stretch marks: nada.
Sleep: Not enough!  But mostly because I've been staying up to late.
 Best moment this week: I think it is far too early for the baby to have "responsive" movements as opposed to involuntary ones, even still it was kind of cool earlier this week to do what felt like a little call and response with the little one.
Movement: Yup, lots and lots.  My PA warned me I might not have consistent movement for weeks, but like with Thatkid, this one never stops moving around.
Food cravings: Nothing
Food aversions: Not really.
Gender: Not finding out
Belly Button in or out: In.  But it never popped last time, so I'm not expecting it to this time.
What I miss: Running without pelvic pressure.  And it wasn't even that long ago!
What I am looking forward to: Nothing big this week, it's going to be a mellow one baby-wise.  Big one work wise which isn't so fun.
Contractions: Nope.  Last time around I didn't get them until they were induced through medication.  Part of me is kind of hoping to actually have those moments this time.
 Milestones:
- Baby has been focused on growing organs and stuff up till now, now s/he's starting to store fat.
- Baby now produces red and white blood cells and platelets!  Earlier this was done by the yolk sack.
- Finger and Toe prints are forming.
- The sphincter muscle is fully functional, keeping meconium out of the amniotic fluid.

3 comments:

  1. It seems that I have lost a few episodes here! Congratulations Kate on the new family member who is on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess...yay for no weird dreams?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - both pregnancies with my boys, it was dreams. But filthy ones! Kind of a bonus, actually.

    ReplyDelete