Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Passover Week: Apricot Glazed Chicken

Happy Passover week everyone!  You know what that means, right?  A whole week where I don't post yummy recipes, but where I post yummy Passover recipes.  Recipes that don't contain flour, wheat, corn, any of their derivatives or any leavening agent. 

It's my time to be a little creative.

Or not.  In truth, aside from the intense cravings I only seem to get during Passover for things like doughnuts, I don't have to do a lot of playing around with our mealplan.

I tend to be terrible with sides anyway, so I tend to center on delicious main courses.  Beef, chicken - and the ever present potato, a Passover staple.

This is one of those "can't be easier" chicken dishes.   I didn't originally make it for Passover (we're at a seder tonight) but it works really well for the holiday.  The fewer the ingredients, the easier it makes it!  And this has just 4 ingredients.

Apricot Glazed Chicken
2 chicken breasts
salt 
pepper
1 cup apricot preserves
  1. Preheat oven to 325.  Season chicken with salt and pepper.  Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
  2. While chicken is baking, place apricot preserves in a small saucepan.  Cook over low heat until the preserves are melted.
  3. Brush preserves over cooked chicken and serve.

3 comments:

  1. I love sweet glazes like this...especially for their easiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks super easy and a great way to use apricot preserves. I tend to only buy it when it's called for dessert recipes, but using it in something like this is genius!

    ReplyDelete