On Monday, Thatboy and I celebrated our 13th anniversary. 13 years ago, I decided Thatboy was the guy for me, and he reluctantly agreed. Little did either of expect back then that a fun fling would turn into something so much more.
We went about our day like usual, marked only by a sweet text from Thatboy wishing me a happy anniversary. It was a busy day for me, and before I knew it, it was 4pm with a ton of work left to be done. I sent Thatboy a quick message asking him to pick up Thatbaby and assuring him I would be home for dinner.
4pm quickly turned to 6pm, and I didn't seem to be showing a clear end in sight. So I gave Thatboy a call asking if he wanted me to pick something up since it was getting late. Instead he offered to take over dinner duties for the night. While juggling a toddler. My hero.
I managed to get home right as Thatboy was serving dinner. While he portioned it out, he pointed me toward the table, to see what he had brought home for me to celebrate our 13 years.
It was wonderful to have dinner all ready to go for me, without having to lift a finger. I have to thank Kylee for a recipe that's easy enough for a husband to make.
Beef, Spinach and Tomato Pasta (From Kylee Cooks)
1/2 tsp salt
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 3/4 cup beef broth
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp pepper
10 oz frozen spinach
1/4 cup basil, chiffonade
- Cook beef in a saute pan over medium heat until browned.
- Reduce heat and stir in onions, cooking until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, tomatoes and their liquid, broth, oregano, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cook until heated through.
- Sprinkle with basil and parmesean and serve.