Well we're back from Vancouver. Actually, we've been back for a full week, but it's taken me about that long to get back into the semblance of not quite caught up that you've all come to know and love.
And although I missed last week, I'm back in time to share with all my Eat.Live.Be-ers. (Do-ers?)
This week we're looking back on our goals. Kind of a half way check in:
I feel like I've covered most of this before. My 3 goals were drink more water, drink less alcohol and add weight training into my routine. And the pregnancy has had me drinking more water, drinking no alcohol, and not being as good with weight training as I was anticipating. Nothing new to see here, so let's move it along.
Now check out how the other bloggers are faring:
- Sarah - www.sarahscucinabella.com
- Cate - www.sweetnicks.com
- Maris - www.ingoodtasteblog.net
- Chris - www.melecotte.com
- Faith - www.clickblogappetit.com/
- Kristen - www.dineanddish.net
- Emily - http://andersonfamilycrew.blogspot.com/
- Jenna - http://stopdropandblog.com/
- Joanne - http://www.joanne-eatswellwithothers.com/,
- Casey - http://www.thestarnesfam.com
- Patsy - http://familyfriendsandfood.blogspot.com/
- Tri-Fit Mom - http://trifitmom.blogspot.com/
- Claire - http://cookiedoc.blogspot.com/
- Allison - http://sweetflours.blogspot.com/
- Jen - http://njepicurean.blogspot.com/
- Leslie - www.thehungryhousewife.com
- Rivki - http://www.healthyeatingforordinarypeople.com/
- Claudia from Journey of an Italian Cook
- Jennifer - http://lick-a-plate.blogspot.com/
So now back to Vancouver. Or back from Vancouver. Semantics. The last time we went, we hit up just about everything. So we used this trip to return to old favorites and try out something new.
We got in late Friday night and headed to the same hotel we stayed at last time. And were pleased to see they are still offering employment to the undesireables.
My big push for this trip was to spend more time in Stanley Park. So we got to spend almost an entire day there. Of course, it happened to be the day there was some massively crazy earth walk so I think it took us almost an hour to get there and park - and we probably stayed less than 10 miles away.
Our first stop was the aquarium.
Our first stop was the aquarium.
They had a big frog exhibit going on with these giant toads, poison frogs, big frogs, little frogs, frogs with spots, stripes, and even talking frogs. (I might be exaggerating a bit on that last part)
Like all aquariums, this one had one of my all time favorite photography subject - jelly fish!
And gorgeous birds.
There were sea turtles
And some of the biggest "buddies" I've ever seen. Such cuties!
The highlight however were the beluga whales. We have 2 belugas here in San Diego. In Vancouver, they have 4! (That's twice as many for you slow in math.)
I love our local belugas. Something so beautiful and majestic about their white bodies in the water.
And these were fancy trick doing Belugas. Ours are mostly just swimmers. They leave the shows to the Orcas.
After the aquarium we went for a hike around the park.
Ending at the seawall, with some beautiful views of the city.
Tomorrow I'll fill you in on everything we ate and clue you in to the special giveaway I have just because I love you all so much!