I picked up so cranberry apple chutney at Trader Joes, and is usual for me, I've been using it for everything. You know those grape jelly meatballs? Well they are just as yummy with cranberry apple chutney instead of grape jelly. It adds a little kick to a turkey sandwich, especially with some mozzarella! I figured since turkey and cranberry are such a natural pair, I would throw it in my turkey burgers! As I've already noted, Thatboy was underwhelmed. I liked the change from a regular old turkey burger. Now you'll have to decide if you like "dem apples" in your burger.
Cranberry Apple Turkey Burgers
- 2 Tbsp Cranberry Apple Chutney
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 Tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 green apple, finely chopped
- juice and zest from 1/4 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- sprinkle chipotle chili powder
- Mix all ingredients in bowl and shape into 2 patties.
- Heat grill pan over medium high heat and grill burgers 7 minutes on each side, or until done.