Which means, for me, Easter breakfast must contain ooey, gooey, chocolate. I had to make ours early since we're stuck having Easter at the inlaws, where Easter breakfast consists of waffles, served 1 at a time, 1 person at a time, so if you're the first person to get your waffle everyone watches you eat it and then you sit and watch the next person eat there waffle, and so on and so forth.
My way is much better.
And much chocolaty-er.
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup orange juice
10 Tbsp butter
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp finely grated orange peel
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp rapid-rise dry yeast
4 cups AP flour
2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 Tbsp Triple Sec
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1) Butter 2 9 inch cake pans. Combine milk, orange juice, and 4 Tbsp butter in small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until butter melts.
2) Whisk eggs, 1/4 cup sugar, orange peel, and salt in large bowl.
3) Gradually add hot milk mixture to egg mixture.
4) Stir in yeast, then flour. Knead dough on floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place dough in lightly oiled boil, turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in warm, draft-free enviornment about 30 minutes.
5) Punch down dough and divide in half. Roll one piece on floured surface in large rectangle. Spread with 3 Tbsp butter. Sprinkle evenly with 1/3 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup sugar. Roll up from 1 long side, pinch log at sides to seal. Slice log into 12 rolls. Place rolls cut side down and side by side in single layer in cake pan.
6) Repeat with remaining dough, butter, chocolate chips, and sugar. Cover rolls loosely with kitchen towels and let rise about 30 minutes.
7) Preheat oven to 375. Stir cream and triple sec in small bowl. Drizzle mixture evenly over rolls. Bake until rolls are puffed and golden, about 25 minutes. Cool 15 minutes.
8) Whisk powdered sugar with just enough orange juice to make a thick glaze. Add orange juice 1 Tbsp at a time until desired consistency is reached. Remove rolls from pan and spread with glaze.
Each serving has:
|Total Fat||8.2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||34.9 g|