Okay, its actually not brought by a letter at all. Instead its brought to you by a feeling of guilt. See, I was tagged by Aline, and I didn't even know she had a blog! I'm a terrible person. Maybe that should be one of my facts. Since the last meme, the game has grown and now 8 facts are required. 8? I'm not even all that interesting a person!
"Apparently the way the game goes when you’re tagged I have to share 8 random facts about myself and then tag 8 other people to share 8 more other facts about themselves..."
1. I have lived in 5 different states. I was born in New York. When I was 2 we moved to Florida. When I was 5 we moved to Massachusetts. When I was 7 we moved to Pennsylvania. When I was 15 we moved to California where I currently reside. Once in 4th grade, when a teacher asked me why we moved so much I told her it was because my parents were wanted by the FBI.
2. I have a very prestigious, useless degree. When I tell people I graduated from the UCLA School of Theater, Film, and Television they are always impressed. Except when I am looking for a job and then I am treated like I graduated from clown college.
3. I used to have pet rats. Every year at science fair time I would think of a project that required me to get a new pet. One year I decided to do a Skinner box with rats. We went to the pet store and asked for 2 male rats. We brought them home and my brother and I began hand taming them. About 2 weeks after we got them, I was attempting to run one through a maze and the rat was bleeding! I thought they must have been fighting so I went to return him to his cage so he could rest. That's when I saw all the rat babies in the corner (guess hand taming works). Turns out the pet store had given us two pregnant female rats instead of two male rats. We had 14 rats and they kept reproducing. Once we saw what the males looked like, we were especially confused because there is no way to mistake a female rat for a male rat.
4. I have a black belt in karate. My whole family started taking Tang Soo Do (a South Korean martial art) together. We studied for 6 years before getting our black belts. We made the local paper. I actually used to compete (and win) in tournaments.
5. I'm a tv star. Okay, not quite, but I did appear on the children's television show "Great Pretenders" when I was in high school. The show was hosted by Wild Orchid:
(anyone there look familiar? Why yes that IS Fergie!) and was a competition where groups were dressed up to look like rock stars, given choreography and lipsinc songs. Think of it as an early American Idol.
6. I have an irrational fear of cruise ships. I think I was on the Titanic in a past life. When I was in 6th grade as part of a creative writing project I wrote a story about a little girl who survived the sinking of the Titanic by assuming another little girl's identity (like Prince and the Pauper). I found the story years later and the details such as times and visual images are spot on. Creepy? Yup sir.
7. I have one sibling, a brother, and he's the funniest person I've ever met. We didn't always get along, but since we've gotten older we're very close. He's got all the good genes. He's smart, handsome, athletic, and artistic. Everyone who meets him either loves him or is supremely jealous of him.
8. I was in a sorority in college. 3 of my closest friends were in the sorority with me. I think all of us have been blacklisted from the sorority for one reason or other. We were the "bad" class.
Okay, here are my eight tagees! Chelly, Jill, Erika, Bella, Sarah, Peabody, Jen, Tara. Go forth and conquer.