Pages

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Sunday Runday: Legoland Kids Marathon Mile

When we first did the Legoland kids race,  we loved it and wanted it to be an annual tradition.  Except then Thatkid asked to run a Star Wars race and we ended up doing a RunDisney Star Wars race the same day.

Now that Run Disney has cancelled all their Disneyland races,  we can run the Legoland read again.   So this is our second,  first annual Kids Marathon Mile.

We got there bright and early to pick up our bibs and shirts.  I don't mind getting there early because they have lots of things for the kids to do.  Like dance contests,  free chick-fil-a, and spin-and-win games with Dave and Busters.


Because the race splits up the kids by age,  Thatboy and I also split up.  I took Thatkid,  who I knew would want to run the whole thing. Thatboy stayed with Thatbaby,  who would be in and out of the stroller.

Thatkid and I went with the 6 year olds up to the start when it was our turn.


 They counted us down and off we went.


 Thatboy ran the whole way,  he worked hard the entire race.


As we approached the finish line,  we saw some guys we knew,  just starting the race.


 No time to stop and chat,  some of us had a race to finish strong!



We waited at the finish line for the other half of our family,  and when he saw them,  Thatkid ran out to join them in their run to the finish.



Medals for everyone!


 Another successful race! And that feeling I had the first time? It's back.  I can't wait to do it again next year.  Given the staging, I think Thatkid and I will be able to run the race and finish before Thatbaby starts,  so we'll be able to run it with him too.


1 comment:

  1. I love that you guys run so many races together!! So cute.

    ReplyDelete