Pages

Monday, January 30, 2017

Mommy Mondays: Gearing Up for Valentine's Day

I love the fact that Thatkid is as gung ho about holidays as I am.

As soon as one holiday ends, he's ready to start prepping for the next.  The only problem is, they don't really have the same selection for boys in holiday wear that they do for girls.  It's always a search trying to find appropriate holiday shirts.

This year I have the added issue of the holiday pajamas Thatkid requested.

Valentine's Day is especially troublesome, because most of the shirts say things like "Ladies Man" or "Heart Breaker."  Neither of which I really want my sons wearings.  Because 5 year olds are not "ladies men" and I don't really want to encourage my boys to break hearts.

Here's my round up of what I did dig up for the boys.  This is the second year in a row we've gone with a bacon themed Valentine's Day shirt.  Thatkid picked out the shirt for him and his brother.




Valentines for Boys

I also usually give the boys Valentine's Day gifts - books.  Last years are pictured above, I haven't picked out the ones for this year yet, I should probably get on that.

I also saw this great idea on Hostess with the Mostess, tying 10 notes on 10 balloons with 10 things you love about the balloon recipient.  The boys love balloons, so I think they'll get a big kick out of this. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm obsessed with the Llama Llama series (and so is Remy!)...definitely need that V-Day book! And the V-day shirts for girls are just as disturbing...does my 9 month old's really need to be objectified based on her looks?!

    ReplyDelete