Pages

Sunday, March 06, 2016

Sunday Runday: Current Favorites

I feel like every blogger keeps you updated in the things they're digging, and I love reading them.  So helpful in finding new obsessions!

So I thought maybe it would be fun to share with you some of the things that keep me moving lately.


Nike Free 4.0 Flyknits
I can't remember if I mentioned this or not, but I'm picky about my running shoes.  I know.  Show me a runner who isn't, and I'll show you a person with blisters and sore knees.  When my favorite running shoe got discontinued (Nike Max Motos), I started a search for a new shoe.  UDubb has been indispensible in this pursuit.  These were a Christmas gift from her, and I was a little skeptical, but I adore them.  They're like a cross between my beloved Vibrams and a more traditional running shoe. They have it all, light weight, flexible, but supportive.  So far they've been pain-free and super comfortable. 


Zombies, Run!


This isn't new, and I've written about it before, but it deserves an honorable mention because
it's my motivation for my weekday runs.  Plus I think it helps with my speed.  I'm very invested in this season, which is fun and full of zombie vikings. 


The Police's Synchronicity II


Currently my favorite running jam.  As soon as I hear the opening chords I just want to go faster - many miles away.  I have no idea why I'm so into this song right now, but I am.


Shower beer

I could probably right a whole post just about this.  One of my favorite rituals after a long weekend run.  Especially since the weather has been so warm lately.  The combination of the cold beer and the hot shower is surprisingly perfect.  ("The hot and the cold are both so intense, put them together it just makes sense.")  Beer has electrolytes, making it great for hydration, and carbs which is perfect for refueling.  Just make sure you eat something before you pop in the shower.  Because the combination of beer, heat, and an empty stomach could be very dangerous.

Athleta Straight Up Capri



 I got these pants when I was still pregnant with Thatbaby, and they worked for most of my pregnancy, but I appreciate them even more now that I'm not longer pregnant.  The higher waist band helps to cover the other result of my pregnancy (2 for 1!  Baby AND stomach flab!)  They're comfortable and the material is nice and thick.  I really appreciate the high quality of Athleta clothing, and if you're in the San Diego area, now is a great time to restock your closet or try it for yourself.  This Saturday, March 12, Athleta in UTC is having a blogger appreciation day and offering all of YOU a sweet discount! Just stop by and mention my blog!  Time to find some favorites of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment