Pages

Monday, January 18, 2016

Mommy Mondays: Bathtime Favorites

Thatkid expressed some displeasure tonight that I never give him a bath anymore.  It's a weird thing to be upset about, because Thatboy has always exclusively handled bathtime, save for a couple weeks when I was pregnant.

So I'm probably the last person who should be giving advice about things for the bath, but hey, since when has that ever stopped me?

So let's start with the obvious - the bath.



The First Years Infant to Toddler Bath with Sling.
The sling really makes this bathtub.  Because as much as I love the idea of bathing a baby in the sink, I'm terrified of dropping that slippery, squiggily, little body.  Washing a newborn can be a little nervewracking.  And not all babies love the bath.  The sling on this cradles them, helping to keep them feel snuggled and secured.  And you don't have to worry about them slipping under the water.  Once they get big enough, the sling can come out and there's a little seat in there for them.

3 Sprouts Hooded Towels


I have tried a ton of different towels.  This one is hands down my favorite.  It's soft, fluffy, and thick, which makes drying quick work.  Some hooded towels are small, they last about a week before the babes outgrow them.  This one is just perfect in terms of size.  Large enough that we're still going strong at 6 months.  Plus, CUTE!  Right?

Kushies washcloths

We use a lot of washcloths here.  Washcloths in the bath, washcloths to wipe down the face after meals, washcloths to wipe noses and after suctioning them with a bulb, washcloths in the freezer for teething.  So it's important to me that we can get a bunch without spending a bunch of money.  I love these because they're thin, absorbent, and completely affordable.

Episencial Body Wash

When Thatkid's was a baby, we started out with a different brand of body wash.  And we liked it just fine.  But then they changed their formula, and we noticed it irritated Thatkid's sensitive skin.  So we sought out to find another brand.  I love this stuff.  The whole brand.  It tries to cut down on the chemicals, and while I'm only somewhat of a hippie/crunchy/granola-y mom, I do like the idea of trying to protect my kids and their skin!  This is really really gentle.  Smells "clean" without being too fragrancy.  And it also doesn't get super bubbly (which is my own personal issue).


Aquaphor
You don't need lotion for babies.  In fact, using lotion on babies can lead them to becoming dependent upon it for their moisture needs.  So the only thing we ever use on our kids is plain, simple, aquaphor if there are any irritations.  We're lucky that neither of our boys is prone to diaper rashes, but when we noticed any redness on the bottom area, we preventatively add a touch of aquaphor and voila - problem solved.



And for those times when you want to shower:


Fisher Price Infant to Toddler Rocker
I keep this in our bathroom.  When Thatbaby wakes up early, I plop him in here while I shower.  When he's congested, Thatboy or I will also put him in here so he gets the benefit of the steam while we shower. The vibration really helps keep him happy, as do the hanging toys which play music.  Once he gets older, it converts to a little chair for him.  And kids love chairs that are their size.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, this is SUCH perfect timing because we are getting our registry together and can't seem to decide on bath stuff must-haves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure my comment was posted so I am rewriting it. Baath was just about the only time I really had fun with my son because he loved it. He was a very difficult kid other than that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these!! I wish someone had told me earlier about the rocker in the bathroom so you can shower! I remember doing it with #2 SO OFTEN, but nobody had told me about it for #1, so poor old me would have to wait for hubby to get home before I could shower for the day! Ugh!
    Lisa
    http://obsessedmummy.com

    ReplyDelete