Weight: 16lbs 14 oz (+8lbs 10oz) (will be updated Friday)
Head: 17 inches
Sleep: This has been a terrible month for sleep, culminating in our worst New Year's Eve ever, when Thatbaby woke just about every hour until 1:30am. But after that, we turned a corner. This past week he's been sleeping great. (So I'm probably jinxing myself) Going down easily, staying asleep all night, waking at 5 or 6 am and then going back to sleep. I hope it sticks, but know enough about babies not to put money on it.
Eating: Thatbaby now eats 3 meals a day, even at daycare. His nursing hasn't decreased at all, and he's still eating about every 3 hours. Even at daycare, he's still drinking 12 oz over the 10 hours he's there.
Best Moment: Christmas. I was honestly in tears I was so happy. It was so wonderful to have it just be our family, and spend some great, quality time with the boys. They were sweet, wonderful, and happy. There were cuddles, and naps, and lots of playing together.
Goals for the Upcoming Month:
- More baby signs. Thatboy thinks the baby is signing "more" when he claps his hands, so I want to keep an eye on that. I think it's reflexive. The way he is constantly signing milk, just because he opens and closes his hands a lot. Not because he knows the meaning behind it.
- Move to the convertible car seat. Because someone is getting too tall for his infant seat.
Things Thatbaby is doing:
-pulling to stand wherever he can
- he gets on all fours, or bear crawl position and then launches himself forward, but hasn't figured out he can crawl yet.
- he does this thing with his mouth, where he basically beat boxes. Like a cross between a popping and a raspberry. He also clicks and pops. And bowls raspberries.
- Squealing. This kid is a very noisy baby.
- Scooching. Since he hasn't figured out crawling yet, he gets pushes himself into sitting position and then uses his hands to push himself backwards.