And Thatbaby's appointment went really well. It was one of our shortest and easiest ever. Height, weight, vitals, and a quick question about teeth and potty training, then the flu nasal mist and we were out of there. With a sticker of course.
In order to celebrate our easy breezy day, I'm going to share with you one of my all time favorite easy breezy sides - couscous. It's easy because you really can't mess it up overcook or undercook it. Just add hot water and cover. When the water is gone, your side is ready. I love couscous. I was pretty excited to see a couscous recipe in Trail of Crumbs. Especially one that uses fresh oranges from our tree. I also really like the cucumber which makes it feel fresh and cool.
Orange Couscous Salad (From Trail of Crumbs)
1 cup water
1 box couscous
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 Tbsp chopped fresh minut leaves
1 cucumber, pelled, seeded, and chopped
1 cup golden raisins
- Bring water to a boil. Pour couscous in large bowl and add water, stir, cover with plastic, and let steam 5 minutes or until couscous is tender. Fluff with a fork.
- Stir in olive oil, salt, pepper, and onion. Let cool.
- Zest both oranges. Juice one of the oranges. Remove white part of second orange and chop.
- Add zest and chopped orange to couscous.
- Stir in parsley, mint, cucumber, and raisins. Cover and chill in the refrigerator 1 hour.
- Taste and rectify seasoning by adding more salt and pepper, olive oil, and juice before serving.