One of the benefits of working outside of the home is that when I feel like baking, I don't have to have the end product sitting around the house tempting me!
And the other day? I felt like baking.
I was inspired.
Because something bright and shiny came in the mail.
I won some new baking equipment from Culinary Flavors!
With a new spatula, and adorable new silicone liners, there was only one thing to make - cupcakes!
I'm a fan of frosting, but it's much easier to transport them to work without frosting. AND I've found my coworkers are more likely to eat cake in the morning if it's frosting free.
And my coworkers were very happy to eat these cakes. One of my coworkers confided she was grabbing one each time she passed the basket.
1/4 lb butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/3 cup cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup milk
1 cup blanched almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a muffin pan with silicone liners. Cream the butter until fluffy.
- Add the sugar and and cream until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating between each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Add the the wet ingredients.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Stir in the almonds. Spoon the batter into the muffin pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.