Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wordy Wednesday


Around the blogosphere there are many who participate in "Wordless Wednesdays" where they post a single fabulous picture. My Wednesdays should be wordless - it's Thatboy's late night. He doesn't get home before 7. But if you know me, you know that I don't need anyone around to have a conversation. Thatdad used to call me "Babbling Brooke" once I got started.

So I don't come off as completely insane, I usually spend Wednesday nights talking to Thatdog. He doesn't seem to mind. In fact, I think he enjoys our Wednesday nights together. Or I would think that if his canine ears weren't so perceptive. Thatboy drives a very loud car. When he gets within a quarter mile of home, Thatdog can hear it and goes nuts - whining and sitting at the door. Traitor. So it's quite obvious he's just biding his time with me until his real favorite arrives. His real favorite who also happens to be the person NOT in charge of his feeding. His real favorite who DOESN'T take him running every morning. His real favorite who DOESN'T talk to him for an hour in the kitchen while chopping vegetables, placing food in the oven and washing dishes.

Then again, I can easily become his favorite again by dropping a piece of cheese on the floor. Oh how quickly they turn. Except this dinner is cheese free. Just meat and veggies. And while chicken is one of Thatdog's alltimefavoritefoods, he doesn't get any chicken when it's been cooked with onions. Which is probably why Thatdog prefers the company of Thatboy on nights like tonight when I make the kitchen smell so good, and yet he can't partake.


Baked Chicken

whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
4 Tbsp flour
4 Tbsp oil
1/4 onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/4 green pepper, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
3/4 tsp oregano
salt and pepper
  1. Preheat oven to 325. Dust chicken pieces with flour.
  2. Heat oil in skillet and brown the chicken pieces.
  3. Place chicken in oven proof casserole. Cover with remaining ingredients, cover, and bake for 1 hour.

3 comments:

  1. I had an e-mail from a reader when I posted a photo and had searched my whole site for the recipe. I didn't even make the dish, it was from a restaurant. Now it has to be Wordless Wednesdays with an Xxplanation:D But back to the chicken...delish...and I love onions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother is my parents' dog's favorite. It's inexplicable really, seeing as how he does nothing but lay on the couch with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you've aced the Wednesday night thing. Your chicken sounds delicious and your dog sounds patient:-). I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete