Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Your love is like a rollercoaster baby, baby

Dear Bar/Bri,
When we first met I was a little hesitant about our relationship together. It seemed like you were the needy sort and would require my undivided attention. I don't do needy. As we began our courtship I learned I could manage your needs. I even began feeling as though I needed you too. Minutes I spent with out you became minutes I thought of you endlessly. You were never far from my thoughts. But what I never learned to manage was your mood swings, your changes in affection. There are times when you wrap me in your arms and tell me all the things I want to hear. "You'll pass" you coo. "I know you can do this" you murmer. Sweet nothings designed to lure me into your web. Take yesterday for example. First there was the return of my Civil Procedure Essay. "Above Average" you crowed. "I'm so proud of you!" Words of love, soft and tender will win a girl's heart after all.

But as comforting as you are, you can also turn on a moment's notice to become cruel and mocking. Scare tactics, hidden away can strike at a moments notice. And where were all your words of kindness today when the performance test was returned? I scanned the pages and it seemed as though your heart had become black and cold.

I wanted to let you know our time is quickly coming to an end. I will always be grateful for everything you have given me, but I believe there is someone better out there for me. Someone who will not toy with my emotions. Someone who loves me for who I am.

Good luck. Love,
Kate

1 comment: