Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2007

On my own

So now that Bar/Bri's over, I have all day to study. However, the paced program only gives me a couple of hours of work a day. Now maybe this is to reward me for keeping it up with the paced program, but it makes me nervous. So I've started supplementing. Extra MBEs, extra essays, eventually I will bring myself to do a performance test, but right now the thought gives me a headache. Right now me weakest spots are:
Evidence MBES (for some reason I'm amazing at the essays)
Con Law Essays (again, amazing at the MBEs)

- which basically tells me I know the Evidence doctrines, but can't always apply them
and
- I recognize Con Law issues, but don't know them by heart

I'm still scoring in the high 70s for the MBEs, so things could be worse, but the fact that there are now 11 days until the bar is starting to hit home.

On the homefront, today I turned to an old favorite for dinner. Sparkpeople's Oregeno Chicken. I used to make it about once a week during the school year. The funny thing is, its never the same twice, kind of like "Chicken surprise".





SP's Chicken Oregeno

  • 2 chicken breasts

  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

  • 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper

  • cooking spray

  • 1 clove garlic, chopped

  • 1 lemon, sliced

  • 1 tomato, chopped

  • 1/4 cup onion, chopped

  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped

  • 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (or one teaspoon dried)

  • 1/4 cup dry white wine

  • 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth

  • 1 medium, sweet green pepper, cut into strips



1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.



2. Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray.



3. Cook chicken over medium heat until light brown (about 15 minutes), turning once. Reduce heat.



4. Sprinkle garlic, lemon, half of tomato, onion, parsley and oregano over chicken pieces in skillet.



5. Add wine and broth.



6. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.



7. Add remaining tomato and sweet peppers, cover and continue to simmer for 7-10 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, that looks and maybe even easy enough for me. :-) Maybe I'll give that a try.

    ReplyDelete