Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

When life hands you cherries...

I went to the supermarket today, which is always a dangerous prospect to begin with. Today as I was waiting in the checkout line I glanced over at this month's issue of Cooking Light. On the cover was a peach berry cobbler. It immediately brought to mind all the cobblers Cara has been cooking lately. It also brought to mind all the cherries Katie had brought over this weekend. Katie brought us bags and bags of sweet cherries, and making a cherry cobbler is one of the best ways to enjoy them.

So I adapted the recipe Cara had used. It calls for Bisquick, but I think I already made clear my disdain for the yellow box, so I used the "pancake mix" from earlier this week instead. I also topped the cobbler with brown sugar, because really, what's a cobbler without brown sugar?

Jon didn't love the "crust" and I can kinda see why, it is a little "fluffy" for lack of a better word. The cherries on the other hand, more than made up for it. It was a good dessert for a weekday night, and a great use of fresh summer fruit, but I don't know that I'd make it again for company. Then again, cherries do make everything better!

1 comment:

  1. I don't care if it's fluffy. Cobbler is cobbler. Cobbler is good.

    ReplyDelete