Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

PMS Pizza

Yesterday must have been a fluke, either that or that old "pride cometh before a fall" thing rings true. Today was a terrible day! It started out with me getting no sleep last night. I mean it, not a wink. I watched the rise and fall of Jon's chest with envy. I was tempted to pinch or kick him, I mean, why should I have to suffer alone?

When he got up for work, I gave up with the lying in bed and got up too. I went for my run, showered, and then hauled ninety pounds of books to the library.

1) 50 Mixed MBEs - that 88%? I miss that 88%, I'm back to the 70s. sigh
2) Civil Procedure - review/shorten outline - I may be a little over 1 pg, but really there's California AND Federal rules. But the good news is...I know them both...no really. As proof:
3) 2 Civ Pro Essays - Aced them. Hit every issue. Almost - the question took place in a State Court, but they wanted us to apply the Federal Rules. I refused. I mean, if you have federal requirements in a state court, no plaintiff would ever be able t0 bring his claim. Besides, if this question were to show up, they would for sure ask us to apply California rules.
4) Contracts - listened to CD/review/shorten outline. The guy on the CD can't pronounce parol. How can I trust him? I was feeling pretty good about this subject until
5) 100 Contract MBEs - abysmal. Really. I may as well have closed my eyes and picked letters at random. But in my defense, I'm out of Barbri questions, so I'm working on PMBR ones and I think they're full of shit. I honestly believe they're giving us the wrong answers.

I came home pretty depressed. And the PMS doesn't help. I've been craving pizza for a couple weeks now, so tonight I decided to go for it. Especially when I saw Shawnda's recipe for BBQ Chicken Pizza with Grilled Pineapple, Prosciutto, and Cilantro. Except because this is a bad day, things didn't go exactly as planned. I made a huge mess in the kitchen, knocking things over right and left, getting barbeque sauce everywhere. And my pizza? Not so pretty. And it took me about 3 hours to make. Okay, not really, but we did eat dinner around 9:40pm. At least it tasted good. Just what the doctor ordered. Pizza always makes everything better. Especially pizza with pineapple.


Shawnda's Barbecue Chicken Pizza with Grilled Pineapples, Prosciutto, and Cilantro

- I made my own pizza dough, which is why this took so long to make, and I also made it on my grill pan instead of the grill which could be why it was so ugly. But, the grill pan worked beautifully and the pizza bubbled just like it was supposed to. I couldn't figure out what to do with the garlic though, next time I'll probably slice it and rub it on with the oil.

Pizza dough
Olive oil
1 cup barbecue sauce, plus more for garnish
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can pineapple slices, drained (juice reserved)
3 slices prosciutto, chopped
1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 450. Heat your grill to med-high.

Put 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, pineapple juice, and chicken breasts in a glass bowl to marinate for 30 minutes.

Place chicken breasts on grill and cook until juices run clear, approximately 6-7 minutes on each side. Remove from grill. Let rest for 10 minutes and then cut into chunks.

Using a rolling pin or the two-fist method, stretch out your pizza dough to the desired thickness. Brush one side of pizza dough with oil and place oiled-side down over the grill. Cook for about 3 minutes - the dough will begin to bubble on top. Oil the top side of the dough and flip, using tongs. Once the underside has cooked completely (approx 3 minutes), remove from the grill.

Brush pineapple slices with oil and grill until lightly marked on each side. Remove from the grill and cut into chunks.

Spread remaining barbecue sauce on pizza crust. Top with half of the cheese, cubed chicken, pineapple chunks, and chopped prosciutto. Top with remaining cheese and place into oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Top with cilantro, drizzle with additional barbecue sauce, and serve.

2 comments:

  1. Stop doing PMBR! It's bad for you! Seriously. You would be better off just copying longhand the sample essays from BarBri. I did this when I ran out of things to do. No joke. I think I actually wrote stuff from those essays verbatim for the real Bar exam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the pizza! I can't believe I left the garlic out of the instructions... I put it in the marinade with the chicken, but I think your idea of using it to infuse the oil on the pizza crust would even be better. I'll have to remember that next time!

    ReplyDelete