Pages

Monday, March 26, 2018

Mommy Mondays: Tales from the Potty, part....3?

This is the post where I get to smugly gloat about what an incredible mom I am, so much better than the rest of you. 


Or not.

Actually, this is just a continuation of my "no potty training potty training" saga because friends, I did NOT think it was going to go this way.

I have mentioned time and time again that Thatbaby is the opposite of his brother.  Thatkid potty trained himself before 3, so obviously potty training Thatbaby was going to take...a lot of work.  But hey, I wasn't going to stress out, because I had YEARS to worry about this, right?

I mean, 3.5 is the average age, and boys potty train later than girls, as a vast generalization.

So when Thatbaby refused offers to sit on the toilet?  I didn't fret.

In January when he told his babysitter that he wanted to always wear diapers?  I didn't fret.

He's 2.  At 4?  That's when I'll pull out the big guns.

Then at the beginning of February, this child who hates rules and order, doesn't want to do anything that's expected of him, did the unexpected.  Like his brother before him, he woke up one morning and decided that he was done with diapers.

You guys, it pays to be lazy.   We are officially done with potty training and I didn't have to do anything! I highly recommend this method for anyone who can wait - who doesn't have the pressure of a preschool who requires your child to be potty trained.  Because these kids flip a switch overnight.  Eager to train, reluctant to train, eventually they all get there themselves.  And when friends and acquaintances complain about how hard potty training is, I can't commiserate.  Because for me, it's been easy.  And NOT because I'm an awesome mom, or because I do it better than anyone else.  Because although the early bird gets the worm, sometimes the later bird gets remnants of the unfinished pancake breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. That is truly impressive. #Momwin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so can your kids come and talk to Remy about this potty training business?? We haven't really started but do have a potty for her that she sometimes sits on. No interest in actually using it for what it's for yet...but you're right, I'm sure she'll get there on her own!

    ReplyDelete