Pages

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Sunday Runday: Fit Foodie 2017 and Discount!

YOU GUYS YOU GUYS YOU GUYS!

I'M GOING TO BE A FIT FOODIE AMBASSADOR AGAIN!

Whew.  Now that I got that out of my system, let's talk.

This will be my fourth year running the Fit Foodie 5k and my fourth year as an ambassador.  It remains one of my all time favorite races, so I couldn't be more thrilled to be a part of it.





New to the blog/San Diego/or just have a terrible memory?

The Fit Foodie 5k bills itself as "The Most Delicious 5k" which is exceptionally true.  A partnership between Cooking Light and Health Magazine, the race features the 5k paired with a "Finishers Village" filled with cooking demonstrations, samples, and vendors from some of the yummiest brands out there.  Of course, there are also fitness demonstrations and mini-classes, as well as health and wellness brands.  It's got everything!


New this year they are also promising "bites at each mile."  I'm not sure what that means, but I'm sure looking forward to finding out!




Also new this year?  The location.  I'll admit, I'm a little sad about not running along the Embarcadaro, because I love it so much, but I've got another run there later this year, so I'll be okay.  Plus, I haven't run a race at Liberty Station since I was pregnant with Thatkid!



Speaking of Thatkid, also new this year is my mini-ambassador.  Not officially of course, but this year Thatkid is running the 5k with me.  He's been watching on the sidelines for years and last year, after greeting me at the finish, he announced he wanted to run it with me.  It will not be the first 5k we've run together, but I really want it to be a good one, and not one where he complains the whole way (although the bites every mile will help with that), so I've decided we're going to get in some training runs.  So stay tuned for updates on those.


And now the fun part - the part where you come run with us.  Trust me, you want to come run with us, eat with us, drink with us!  Use the code KAYTORADEFF for $10 off.  Until September 4, the price is $35.  Which means for $25 you can get race entry, festival entry, and the chance to meet some awesome fitness celebrities.  The goodie bag you get at the finish line is worth $25 in itself*(*estimation based on the amount of goodies in it).

The details:
October 7, 2017
6:30am
Liberty Station NTC Park
Register at http://www.fitfoodierun.com/san-diego-california.html

I hope to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! A 5k you really enjoy and a food fit ambassador too! And you get to run with you son. I see it as win-win-win.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you and ThatKid are going to be doing this one together!! I'm interested to see what these "bites" along the course will be...

    ReplyDelete