Pages

Monday, June 19, 2017

Mommy Mondays: Living with two at 2 (and 5)

It's time again for a check-in.  How things REALLY are in our little house.  Which feels even littler with two crazy boys bouncing off the wall.  So how does life work with a 5 year old and 2 year old?  Well it goes a little something like this.

5:15am - Thatbaby wakes up.  We play a very dangerous game of Russian roulette by bringing him into bed with us and we get incredibly lucky.  He falls asleep.  (We tried this again the next day and were not as lucky.)

5:45am - Thatboy's alarm goes off.

6:00am - Thatboy wakes up.

6:20am - Thatkid and Thatbaby wake up.  I get Thatbaby dressed while Thatkid dresses himself.


6:30am - I make breakfast for the boys, a waffle for Thatbaby and peanut butter toast for Thatkid.  And watermelon smoothies for both. I'm never fast enough for Thatbaby who helps himself to some grapes from the fridge as he waits.




6:39am - While the boys eat breakfast, I get dressed for my morning run.


7:00am - We all leave the house.  Thatboy takes the boys to preschool.


While Thatdog and I go for a run.


7:44am - Home from my run, I hop in the shower, get dressed, do my hair, and throw a load of towels in the wash.

8:30am - I make breakfast for myself, scrambled eggs with mushrooms and spinach.

8:41 - Log into work.  Ahh the benefits of working at home.  I eat breakfast while I scan over my emails.  And since it's nice out, I've decided to work outside.


9:56am - I have a meeting with the director of another department.

10:20am - Done with the meeting.  I've got another meeting this afternoon, so I use the rest of the morning to review aspects of a regulation that is going to be involved.

12:04pm - Lunch break.  I throw the towels in the dryer and make myself some sweet potato soup and a salad.  I also pack some soup away for Thatboy's lunch the next day.  I go back to work while I eat.


1:48 pm- I take a little break to make dinner - Spaghetti with tomato strawberry sauce.  I like to have dinner ready before the boys get home, because it's really difficult to get anything done when they're around.


2:06 pm- Back to work!

2:39 pm - My boss calls to chat.  He's been in and out of town, so we use this time just to catch up on what's been going on while he's been gone.

3:00 pm- Back to work

3:45 pm - I take a break to unload the dishwasher and wash dishes while I wait for my meeting to start.

4:00 pm - My afternoon meeting. I make myself a smoothie/yogurt bowl to snack on while we discuss the issues.


4:22 pm - The meeting is over.  I wipe down the counters and get back to work.

5:02 pm - Work is over.  I close up shop and go to pick up the kids.





5:30 pm - We get home.  The boys make themselves some grapes to snack on while I reheat the spaghetti.


5:36 pm - Thatboy gets home!

5:55 pm - dinnertime


6:23pm - bath time for the boys.

6:42pm - Thatboy is done with Thatbaby's story.  I go in and nurse him and put him to bed.


7:30pm - As you can see from the above picture, Thatbaby is NOT tired.  He's wide awake and not wanting to sleep at all.  I leave his room and go give Thatkid a kiss goodnight.

7:35pm - Thatboy goes in to see if he can get Thatbaby to sleep.  I use this time to do some at home workout.



7:52 pm - Thatboy has no luck.  I trade off and go in and see if I can get Thatbaby to sleep.  I am successful.

8:15 pm - Thatbaby's asleep and I go back to my workout.

9:04 pm - I pour myself a glass of wine and jump on the couch next to Thatboy to catch up on some television.  Tonight we watch Elementary.


9:53 pm - wash up and bedtime!

3 comments:

  1. Quite a hectic day! But you are lucky to work at home. Here this pattern hasn't arrived yet! I hope it will soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister's daughter just turned two. I want her to do one of these types of diaries because I am just so curious as to what goes on in the day with a young tot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honest to god think you do more before 9 than I do all day. I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete