I wrote a little bit about apple picking as a great fall activity to do with toddlers. But I didn't actually tell you about our experience. And it's been over a month!
We went way back to basics on this one. L&O introduced me to apple picking in Julian many years ago, and this year we returned with her. And Little LO.
The boys were trouble as usual, having as much fun eating apples as they did kicking them.
The weekend we went may have been the last weekend for apple picking in Julian. Calling during the week, I only found 2 orchards that were open. But when L&O arrived before us, she discovered that only 1 was actually opened. Nevertheless, we managed to do alright and filled multiple bags of apples.
After, we headed in to Julian itself. Thatbaby insisted in holding his friend's hand as we walked around.
The boys drank apple cider, we ate lunch, and picked up some more Julian goodies to take home.
We brought home honey, apple cherry cider, and lots and lots of apples.
If I were a better planner, this is where I'd share an amazing apple recipe with you. But the apples are long gone now. And like usual we ended up eating them plain, mostly. With honey for Rosh Hashana, grated into pancakes, and lots and lots of slices!
So instead of apples, I'm sharing chicken with you. A chicken sandwich. We've been really in to sandwiches lately. I think Thatbaby likes the bread portion. He deconstructs his. I just like how easy they are. And the bread portion.
Chicken Sandwich with Lemon Aioli
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice, divided
1/2 tsp paprika
2 garlic cloves
2 chicken breasts
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 ciabatta rolls
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice, paprika, and 1 minced garlic clove.
- Coat chicken with the sour cream mixture and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In another small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, remaining lemon juice, and the remaining garlic, minced.
- Place the bread crumbs in a shallow bowl and dredge chicken in the bread crumbs. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- The last few minutes the chicken is cooking, place cheese on top.
- Spread the lemon aioli on the rolls.
- Place chicken on the dressed rolls.