I'm actually not one of those who talks about her kid in months at this point in time, but I think since there are so many milestones going on, I'll keep this going for a bit longer. We're not doing monthly photos anymore, so I'll just pepper in some recent ones from this month.
Weight: 23lbs 15oz (+ 16 lbs, 8 oz)
Head: 18.5" (+ 5.2")
Eating: I'm officially done with pumping! But I have enough of a freezer stash that Thatbaby is still getting breastmilk at daycare. We've given him Whole Cow Milk (WCM) a couple of times at home and he drank it just fine. But at daycare he isn't so interested in WCM, so we'll see what happens when we're out of breastmilk. He's still nursing when at home and eating plenty of solids.
Best Moment: I love how happy Thatbaby is when he comes walking around the corner. He sticks his little arms out and comes at you with a big smile on his face, aiming for a hug. He loves hugging. I love that too. He gives hugs, especially leg hugs where he pats the back of your calf while hugging it. And he loves to get kisses by inclining his head in for you to kiss.
Monthly Wisdom: This has not been my favorite month. You would think that with walking would come more independence, but you'd be wrong. When Thatbaby started crawling, he was so happy to be able to get where he wanted. When Thatbaby started walking, he didn't have the same relief. Instead, I probably have to hold him more than I did before. He wants to be with me all the time. He cries when I drop him off at daycare. He gets so frustrated. So my wisdom for this month is as much for me as you. I have to keep reminding myself that all of this is just a phase. And, "this too, shall pass."
Goals for the Upcoming Month:
- For the love of all things bright and beautiful I hope we get a break in the teething so I can get my sweet happy baby back again.
- Happier daycare drop-offs.
- FIND A BABYSITTER!
Things Thatbaby is doing:
- Teething (5 and counting!)
- Playing with cars - he likes to race them around and make "mmmmm, mmmmmm" noises. Or blows raspberries.
- Screaming his head off when I try to leave him at daycare.
- Carrying things in his mouth like a dog.
- Climbing! Thatbaby mastered "the big climber" at daycare. And at home, he somehow figured out how to get into the tub by himself.
- Thatbaby is very into costumes right now. He likes to put on sunglasses, hats, masks, headbands, and look at himself in the mirror.