Pages

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!



To all you moms out there - for everything you do. All the late nights you've stayed up with nightmares and fevers. All the homework you've looked over. All the little league games you've attended. All the dinners you've cooked, the lunches you've packed, and the breakfasts in bed you've prepared. I hope someone close to you told you how much that meant to them!

We spent the weekend with Thatmom, celebrating her. Saturday we went to the farmer's market where I found the first peaches of summer. They are SO delicious. We've having them broiled tonight for dessert. I love summer peaches!

Thatbrother and UDubb came over for a fabulous lunch spread. And then we watched a messload of movies.

We saw Thatbrother and UDubb again this morning when we met for brunch. Brunch was not as fabulous as lunch the day before. Both the service and the food were pretty bad. We probably should have taken it as a sign when they brought Thatmom curdled milk for her coffee.

After brunch - which took so long we chose to forgoe the free dessert just to get out of there, Thatboy and I headed back home. I like coming home early on Sundays so I can get more things done. Although it still usually means an easy dinner, since the last thing I want to do when I get home is make an elaborate meal.

Broiling is my method of choice on easy nights. I pulled some lamb chops out of the freezer on Friday before we left, so they were all ready to go tonight. Then all I had to do is turn on the broiler. Which I can then use to make those broiled peaches. See how nicely things work out?

Broiled Lamb Chops
3 lamb chops
salt and pepper

  1. Preheat broiler and broil chops 4 minutes per side.
  2. Salt and pepper to taste.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Almost-A-Mother's Day! I am so jealous you found peaches... I'm counting the minutes til there are good ones up here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am quite sure mom deserved all the accolades and being spoiled for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww sounds like a fun mom's day! Just think...it'll be you being wined and dined and brunched next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make me lamb chops and I'll follow you anywhere. These look delicious. I hope you had a great Mother's Day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend. I am so jealous of your peaches. I looked at two markets this weekend in search of peaches and came home empty handed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great day! Hope you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete