Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

You know it's spring when



I start craving salads. During the winter I am all about soup and chili, but once there's a hint of warmth in the air, all I want is some leafy greens. It is probably due in part to Passover, and the many salad meals I'd have during the week when my friends wanted to go out to eat. Passover restrictions certainly put a cramp on dining out. But lettuce is always Passover friendly.

And so, for the past couple of weeks, salads have wormed their way back into our regular diet. We've had salad almost every night with our meal. Sesame dressing has long been one of my favorites, but unfortunately it is highly not Passover friendly. With the rice vinegar, canola oil, and soy sauce it's a definite no-no, but I'm digging into the archive to share with you anyway, because the past 3 days have been a whirlwind spent mostly in the car traveling between seders. And because I love you. Crap. Maybe I should have put that first. Pretend I did and this is my selfless way of sharing something with you even when I can't enjoy it.


Sesame Dressing
  • 1/4 cup rice vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
  • 3 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsp canola oil
  • 1 tsp sesame oil

1. Combine vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, canola, and sesame oils. Stirring until sugar dissolves.
2. Add to your Chinese chicken salad tossing chicken and dry chow mein noodles (obviously also not during Passover...but since we're not using this recipe this week, the more the merrier!)

2 comments:

  1. i spy butter lettuce!

    i would like to jump into a butter lettuce salad and eat my way out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I have been craving all things green as well. Can't wait for our markets here on the East coast to start sprouting spring veggies!

    ReplyDelete