Pages

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Oh they built the ship Titanic to sail the ocean blue, they said it was a ship that the water would never go through



Do you ever get the feeling that things aren't going exactly as planned? Like you're in a lifeboat with a leak? No matter how much you bail out the water, more keeps coming into the boat? Well folks, I'm just praying the water isn't too cold.

I am bailing out as much Barbri assignment water as I can, but more keeps filling up my boat. I hate being behind. I hate that I haven't had time to return emails, voicemails, and snail mail (I have 2 thank you cards I still haven't sent out for my graduation 2 weeks ago - heck, I don't even HAVE thank you cards!)

Yesterday was supposed to be great for me. Jon went to an Angels game which meant I had the place to myself all night. I'm not one of those girls who hates being alone. In fact, I LOVE it. I relish the rare evenings to myself when I get to eat what I want and watch what I want and do what I want. Meanwhile, Jon is never not around. He hardly ever travels for work and his hobbies all take place during daylight hours. So how did I spend my rare night on my own? Barbri assignments. I studied yesterday from 9AM to 11:30PM with a couple brief sanity breaks (walking and cooking). And I STILL didn't catch up on all the assignments. And I'm not even talking about flashcards (FLASHCARDS? FLASHCARDS? That idea went out the window last week. We don't need no steenking flashcards)

And I should mention a little secret about me. I have a touch of the OCD. Theoretically I know I don't have to do all the assignments. I know that most people don't do all the assignments. But I also am positive, even though aware that its irrational, that if I don't do all the assignments I will not pass the bar. So I am chugging along.

I think its just about time to start counting my blessings:
1) I am soooo glad I'm not in the live class. First because they are all SUPER stressing each other out instead of the laid back vibe we've got going in my class. Second, because there are 515 of them and only 1 entrance/exit from both the lecture hall and the parking lot. And finally, because our current lecturer sings.....and likes group participation. I am soooooo thankful I didn't have to sing "I'm sorry Miss Jackson" in front of 514 of my peers.

2) Dinner last night was fantastic. Mostly because I only had to cook for one. Secondly, because I got to use up some leftovers. Thirdly, because it was yummy. My fridge is getting a little ridiculous because its both bare and filled with leftovers. I had leftover rice, leftover seasoned ground turkey, and leftover red bell peppers so I did what any good cook would do - I made stuffed peppers! Sometimes I'm so brilliant I scare myself.

3) I think I might be able to get caught up tonight......cross your fingers! I only have to do 34 questions and read an outline. (BWAH HA HA HAHA HA. I crack myself up)

4) Jon's gone 3 days next week, which might give me the extra time I need to get done what I need to get done.

Oh yeah, I'm REAL zen now. Back to work!!!



Stuffed Pepper for One
Ingredients
1 red bell pepper, top cut off and cored
EVOO
1/4 cup diced onions
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup cooked ground turkey (previously seasoned with salt, pepper, cumin, and chipolte chili powder)
1/2 cup cooked white rice (I actually used rice which was mixed with nutmeg, celery, and chopped pecans)
1/4 cup marinara sauce
shredded cheddar cheese

Directions
1) Preheat oven to 350. Spray baking sheet with PAM and then place bell pepper on sheet, spray pepper with PAM too
2) Heat EVOO over medium heat and add onions. Cook till translucent. Add garlic.
3) Add turkey, rice, and marinara and cook until heated through.
4) Stir in cheese and place mixture in bell pepper.
5) Cook for 30 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Let me reassure you -- you don't need no stinkin' flash cards! :) I took the live course. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and now I'm tagging you for a meme.

    http://weezermonkey.blogspot.com/2007/06/tag-im-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, hypothetically, one could simply do the meme without tagging more people!

    ReplyDelete