Pages

Monday, June 11, 2007

Ain't No Sunshine When He's Gone

Jon's in SF right now for a training which means for the next three days it's Kateland. Which would be more fun if Kateland didn't consist of studying nonstop. Stupid test.

When Jon's gone I get to eat food I want and watch commercial television. Jon hates commercial television - unless of course its on Fuel TV. Then he can watch commercial after commercial. I am very much enjoying 3 full days of not having to watch surfing. Of course I would enjoy it more if I weren't studying nonstop. Stupid test.

When Jon's gone my Eastern European "throw everything in a pot and cook it" heritage comes in hard core. Its my version of "comfort food." I call it mash and its usually contains potatoes, which are my second favorite starch. Its also a great way to get rid of leftovers in a dish Jon usually isn't so interested in. I think its the fact that nothing is separate. Never bothered me.

Sausage and Potato Mash
Ingredients
1 Tbsp oil
2 links of spicy italian chicken sausage, sliced
1/2 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
6 red potatoes, baked and quartered
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
1) Heat oil and toss in sausage.
2) Add onion and pepper
3) Add potatoes, salt and pepper
4) Cook until onions are translucent, peppers are tender, and potatoes develop a golden brown crust.

1 comment:

  1. Everything with a brown crust is tasty to me. Hmm. Well, maybe not everything.

    ReplyDelete